Real Strawberry Ice Cream
Kick this recipe up a notch by adding a banana, or sneak in courgette for added nutrition.
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 120 ml (½ cup) milk
- 120 ml (½ cup) thickened cream
- 65 g (⅓ cup) caster sugar
- 400 g (2¼ cup) frozen strawberries
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. After about 30 seconds, the sound of the motor should change and four mounds will form.
- Stop machine. Serve immediately.
Freeze unused ice cream in an airtight container. When ready to use, allow to soften at room temperature for 8-10 minutes before serving.