Red Pepper and Walnut Pesto
A rustic accompaniment that showcases the flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and basil, ideal for tossing with hot pasta or serving with crusty bread.
- 150 g (1 cup) red capsicum, seeded, stemmed, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 75 g (¾ cup) walnuts, toasted
- 70 g (½ cup) sun-ripened tomatoes, oil drained
- 20 g (½ cup) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 60 g (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200° C (400 °F). Halve and trim red pepper, place skin side down on oven rack. Roast 15 to 20 minutes or until skin is well shriveled but not blackened. Place in plastic bag for 15 minutes to steam.
- Place garlic cloves in medium-sized saucepan, add cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until soft enough to pierce with a fork. Remove using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||30 (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|