Walnut Pesto with Parsley and Mint
Serve this delicious walnut pesto with pan roasted salmon or organic chicken, or serve as a dip with fresh vegetables.
- 100 g (½ cup) walnuts
- 15 g (½ cup) Italian flat leaf parsley, tightly packed
- 10 g (½ cup) fresh mint leaves
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix Container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
For a smoother texture, add 1/4 cup (60ml) water before blending.
|Serving Size||30 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|