This Asian inspired marinade is great for prawns, fish, and seafood alike.
- 1 shallot, peeled (about 80g)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon galangal
- 1¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ red chilli, seeded
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 60 g (¼ cup) peanut oil
- 120 ml (1 cup) water
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed and blend for 1 minute or select the Dips and Spread program if available and allow to run until completion.
Use this marinade on fish or shellfish. This marinade is best with 12 green prawns and marinated overnight. Grill on high heat until cooked through. Serve with rice, grilled vegetables.
|Serving Size||1 teaspoon|
|Amount Per Servings|