Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Chef Steve Schimoler created this spin on classic hummus with the addition of sweet roasted red pepper for flavor and color.
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 170 g (6 ounces) roasted red pepper
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 120 ml (½ cup) Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 720 g (3 cups) tinned garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, or until smooth. Add additional water if necessary to keep mixture flowing freely through blades.
|Serving Size||30 ml (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by joy4 from Great hummus recipe! Delicious! Making red pepper hummus in the Vitamix is easy and it tastes so good!
Date published: 2015-11-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tomcatx from Nothing added (but a little mesquite smoke) Made this recipe exactly as published with the exception of using fresh garbanzo beans instead of canned and I grilled the red peppers and garlic over mesquite coals. AWESOME!!
Date published: 2016-03-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by JillSofija from Yum with some spice needed! This is a great base recipe! For those who like a mild hummus, it's perfect. I love a little heat and spice in my hummus - so I added some jalapeno slices and juice from that jar (fresh would be even better, but I didn't have it!). After making, I topped with a bit of olive oil and a dollop of fresh chili sauce - made it look beautiful (just like store bought!) and the extra heat was very nice.
Date published: 2017-04-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by SharLise from The best roasted red pepper hummus ever I was surprised and how epic this was! I left out the oil, cumin and black pepper and added about 8 jalapeno rings and a generous pinch of cayenne pepper. The creamiest, most delicious hummus ever. But I would like to state I do not like having to post my gender and age on your site. There is no reason why you must have this information.
Date published: 2017-01-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lorraine from Love it Have had for 55 years. I love everything about it.
Date published: 2015-09-24