As the line between restaurant kitchens and bars gets increasingly fuzzy, chefs are creating new cocktail ingredients that layer flavors and entice the senses beyond taste alone. You can do the same thing at home with your Vitamix blender. As Kim Haasarud points out in 101 Blender Drinks, “There are so many things you can do with [a Vitamix blender], from grinding your own spices to making specialty purees and whipped creams.” (The book outlines a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cream folded with Baileys. YUM.)
Also, try using Rice Milk or Almond Milk in place of dairy for drink recipes that call for cream. To get you started, we recommend these easy holiday cocktails, sorted by their key, chef-inspired ingredients. Cheers!
Drink with Coffee
- Frozen Irish Coffee: An iced coffee with whiskey and Irish Cream Liqueur
Drinks with Fresh Fruit Purée
- Bellini: A festive toast with fresh peach, champagne, and peach schnapps.
- Peachy Lime Daiquiri: Fresh orange and frozen peach slices blend with light rum and peach liqueur for a new twist on an old favorite.
Drinks Perfect for Holiday Entertaining
- Frosted Cosmopolitan: Nothing says holiday cheer like the cool, vibrant color of cranberry and sweetened lime juice. Sugar-coated cranberries give this glass an icy finish.
- Cranberry Margarita: Margaritas aren’t strictly for summertime. Try this cranberry concoction at your next holiday gathering.
See related articles:
Best Frozen Beer Cocktails
Go beyond basic drafts and explore adding beer to your menu in a fun, frozen way.
Champagne Cocktails to Ring in the New Year
With just a few extra ingredients, you can create unique champagne cocktails to ring in the New Year.