Sometimes you reach for your Vitamix blender and discover that the fruits and vegetables in your refrigerator don’t quite match the ingredients of the green smoothie recipe that you had in mind. We’ve created a mix and match guide to help you blend the fruits and vegetables you have on hand and create your own custom green smoothie.
How to Create Your Custom Green Smoothie:
- Choose one item from Section A, two from Section B, and one from Section C.
- Place all your ingredients in the Vitamix machine, liquid first, then soft ingredients, then firmer ones.
- Add one cup of ice last.
- Secure the lid and select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to your machine’s highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Drink and enjoy.
Section A (Choose 1 Item)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 head of romaine
- 1 romaine heart
- 3/4 cup raw broccoli
- 1 small head of Bibb or Boston lettuce
Section B (Choose 2 Items)
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 apple
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup melon, peeled
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup berries
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled or unpeeled
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup peaches
- 1 cup mango, peeled
- 1/2 cup papaya, peeled
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 pear
Section C (Choose 1 Item)
- 1 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup yogurt (flavored or plain)
- 1 cup fruit juice
- 1 cup water
10 Recipes for Frozen Smoothie Packs
A busy lifestyle can be streamlined with make-ahead smoothie packs in a variety of whole-food combinations. Just wash, chop, measure, and bag smoothie ingredients together and place them in the fridge or freezer. Then just add them with liquid or ice to
Power-Packed Smoothie Recipes
When cold weather sets in, it’s time to focus on smoothies that are brimming with antioxidants.