Though your Vitamix machine can make a variety of recipes, the most popular blends are smoothies. One of our most popular is the Going Green Smoothie – and for good reason.
This green smoothie is great for beginners, as well as seasoned Vitamix veterans, who put their own flair on the classic recipe. With a base of sweet fruits balanced with a healthy supply of fresh spinach, this smoothie is a winner with kids and provides necessary nutrients disguised by tasty flavor and a bright green color. On top of that, this smoothie fits a variety of dietary needs – it is gluten-free, low in cholesterol, fat, and sodium, has no added sugar, and is vegetarian- and vegan-friendly.
To make this quick and easy crowd pleaser, you’ll need:
- 1 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (170 g) green grapes
- ½ cup (85 g) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- ½ banana, peeled
- 2 cups (60 g) spinach
- ½ cup (70 g) ice cubes
Follow these tips to properly load your machine and achieve the perfect texture:
- For the fastest, smoothest blends, add ingredients to the container in the order they appear in the recipe: liquids first, then soft fruits and vegetables, followed by leafy greens, and topped with frozen ingredients, nuts and seeds.
- Start the machine on Variable 1 and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds, or to desired smoothness.
- When you’re first learning how to make a green smoothie, spinach is the easiest leafy vegetable to work with because of its mild flavor and silky texture.
Once you master this basic blend, change up ingredients for unique flavors or additional nutritional value with these tips:
- Add ingredients like chia seeds, spirulina, flax seeds, or nut butter for a nutrient or flavor boost.
- Test out other leafy greens or cruciferous vegetables like celery, kale, cauliflower, or broccoli to find what works best for your health, lifestyle, and flavor preferences.
- Swap out the banana for avocado to maintain a smooth, creamy texture while adding some healthy fat.
- Switch up your fruits with whatever you have on hand. Apples and pears work well with the blend, while mango and strawberries add a brighter, more tropical flavor profile.
- Garnish with berries and seeds for added nutrition and a beautiful presentation.
What’s the most creative green smoothie you’ve made in your Vitamix machine? Share your recipe with #MyVitamix. Or are you just starting your blending journey? Share your latest creations with #MyVitamix30.
5 Healthy Delicious Smoothie Toppings to Always Have in Reach
Here are five delicious and healthy smoothie toppings to customize your smoothie and add flavor, texture, and superfoods to your blended drink.
10 Recipes for Frozen Smoothie Packs
A busy lifestyle can be streamlined with make-ahead smoothie packs in a variety of whole-food combinations. Just wash, chop, measure, and bag smoothie ingredients together and place them in the fridge or freezer. Then just add them with liquid or ice to
Power-Packed Smoothie Recipes
When cold weather sets in, it’s time to focus on smoothies that are brimming with antioxidants.