There’s nothing quite like a cool, minty mojito on a hot summer day, but this classic cocktail is notoriously time consuming and labor intensive to make. Watch how the Aer disc container quickly muddles and chills the cocktail without puréeing the ingredients, saving you time and making clean-up a breeze. Cheers!
How Does It Work?
With the new Aer disc container, we broke the first rule of blending by designing a blade-less container. Instead, the patent-pending Aer™ disc agitates the ingredients without puréeing them. It’s a combination cocktail shaker and muddler in one, which makes the Aer disc container the perfect addition to any home bar. And since the 48-ounce container is larger than a standard bar shaker, you can make batches of cocktails at once.
This recipe makes four mojitos but can be reduced to make individual servings.
- 6 cups (680 g) ice cubes
- 45 fresh mint leaves
- 8 ounces (240 ml) simple syrup
- 8 ounces (240 ml) fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces (240 ml) white rum
- 8 ounces (240 ml) club soda
- Place 1½ cups (195 g) ice in each of four highball glass and set aside.
- Place mint, simple syrup, lime juice, and rum into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to Variable 6, and run for 45 seconds.
- Strain the whole batch and pour evenly into each highball glass. Top with 2 ounces (60 ml) club soda and garnish with mint.