Motherhood is a full-time job with responsibilities that range from caretaker to home chef, which is why Mother’s Day is hardly enough time to thank the mothers in our lives for everything they do. Making the day memorable is certainly a good start, and there are plenty of ways to do just that. For instance, assemble an assortment of homemade dishes and beverages for a celebratory brunch.
With a hint of vanilla and some added pineapple, a fresh pitcher of Orange Juice Plus goes above and beyond orange juice of the commercial variety. A Bellini or Sparkling Champagne Smoothie is a refreshingly delicious way to incorporate a champagne toast into your day.
Any of the following recipes makes a great addition to your brunch spread:
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread: Offer toast, fruit, or crepes to accompany this creamy mix of chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Potato Cheddar Breakfast Bake: A breakfast casserole is essential to any brunch. Try this easy-to-make bake.
- Apple-Raisin Cracked Wheat Cereal: With whole kernel wheat, apple, raisins, and cinnamon, this cereal offers whole grain goodness in every spoonful.
- Waffles: These light, fluffy waffles come together quickly for a weekend family breakfast. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit syrup.
- Pancakes: Top these fluffy, whole-grain pancakes with a fresh fruit syrup, also made in your Vitamix.
- Vanilla Custard Sauce: This basic dessert sauce is perfect on fruit, topping cake, or included in your favorite trifle recipe.
- Strawberry Syrup: Create your own fresh strawberry syrup, perfect for homemade ice cream, pancakes, crepes, or waffles.
- Bellini: With a fresh peach, peach schnapps, and champagne, this Venice native is one of Italy's most popular cocktails. Garnish with a peach slice or cherry.
DIY Mother's Day Gifts for Every Mom
Vitamix - Blending Machines for the Home and Business
Best Low-Calorie Mother's Day Brunch Cocktails
Skip the mixes this year and choose the best low-calories Mother’s Day brunch cocktails.
Father's Day Recipes
Find recipes to honor Dad.