Mango Basil Freeze
Sweet mango pairs with an herbaceous finish in this fruity treat.
- 1½ cup (360 ml) almond yogurt, or yogurt of choice
- 9 (7 g) fresh basil leaves
- 3 (30 g) dates, pitted, or 1.5 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1½ pound (680 g) frozen mango chunks
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 50 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 Serving (236 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Mango Basil Freeze is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scottster from Mango with some tango I modified this recipe with a tasty outcome. I added a frozen banana, 1/8 cup of 0 CAL, Kirkland Monkfruit sweetener, and a shot of Kirkland dark spiced rum ( the tango). I didn't have fresh basil so I used dried basil which still gave a hint of basil flavor. I used the frozen dessert setting and stopped the machine 3-4 seconds after the mounds formed. The consistency was perfect and lasted awhile, not having the instant melt of some of the other Vmix frozen dessert recipes I have tried.
Date published: 2020-04-17
Rated 4 out of 5 by AJillianThings from Not Sweet Enough This recipe was pretty good, it just needed to be a little sweeter.
Date published: 2018-05-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Betsa from Super fresh! If you are looking for something fresh for these hot days I encourage you to try this recipe, the result is fresh and delicious! I never imagined to put basil on an ice cream and the result was wow!
Date published: 2020-05-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by hdang from Love it We just made this as our first ice cream. It did not have the same form/shape as in the picture but it tastes good.
Date published: 2020-12-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beanee from Use FRESH in season frozen fruits I find the frozen fruit from the grocery lacks in flavor and natural sweetness. I'm using fresh fruit in season (mangos especially) really pushes this up the bar. Works so well with frozen fresh farm peaches or in season fresh frozen mango.
Date published: 2021-05-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carolann88 from Perfect Vraiment délicieux comme recette, j’ai adoré Santé et rafraîchissant
Date published: 2021-06-01
Rated 2 out of 5 by Zavs from Sounds great Looks amazing. Can you not freeze this for later?
Date published: 2021-05-07