With no preservatives and all-natural ingredients, homemade applesauce just tastes better. A lot better. And you’ll be glad you made the effort, however easy it is.
- 560 g (4 ) medium apples, halved, seeded
- ½ lemon, peeled, or 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 30 g (2 ) Medjool dates, or 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 cinnamon stick, 2 inches, or 1 teaspoons ground
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 1 minute.
Remove skin from half of the apples for a lighter colored applesauce. If you prefer a chunkier style applesauce, turn to Variable 6 instead of the highest speed and blend.
|Serving Size||78 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|