Hearty Granola Cookies
A healthy dessert or mid-day snack, including Greek yoghurt, raisins, almonds and sunflower seeds.
- 275 g (3 cups) rolled oats
- 150 g (1½ cup) plain flour
- 125 g (1 cup) wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 120 ml (½ cup) honey
- 115 g (½ cup) plain Greek yoghurt
- 110 g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 210 g (1 cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 70 g (½ cup) raisins
- flaked almonds
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 35 g (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- Place Greek yoghurt into a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth that is fitted over a bowl. Place bowl into refrigerator and strain for at least 2 and up to 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, wheat germ, baking powder and salt; mix well, set aside.
- Place eggs, vanilla, honey, yoghurt, butter and brown sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until a creamy consistency has been reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir together.
- Add raisins, almonds, sesame seeds and sunflower nuts; mix well and incorporate completely.
- Portion onto parchment lined baking trays using a #20 scoop (3 Tablespoon). Slightly form into cookie shapes, the dough does not spread during the baking process.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|