An ideal alternative for those with nut allergies, this recipe combines seeds, sunflower oil, and a touch of honey to create a spreadable butter.
- 330 ml (2½ cup) sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 85 g (½ cup) flaxseed
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 120 ml (½ cup) sunflower oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute 15 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|