Brighten the flavour of these brownies with more spice, fresh ginger, or orange zest and top with icing sugar or your favourite frosting.
- Place eggs, dates, applesauce and pumpkin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using tamper if needed.
- Pour mixture into stainless bowl and mix in dry ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 25 cm x 38 cm (10-inch X 15-inch) non-stick cake pan
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes in a 180°C (350°F) oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- To serve cut brownies and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Flax eggs work great as an egg replacer. To make a flax "egg," simply combine your flax meal (1 Tbsp. flax to 3 Tbsp. water) with water in a small container and stir to combine, and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before using.
|Serving Size||61 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|