Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Chef Steve Schimoler created this spin on classic hummus with the addition of sweet roasted red pepper for flavor and color.
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 170 g (6 ounces) roasted red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 120 ml (½ cup) tahini
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 720 g (3 cups) tinned garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, or until smooth. Add additional water if necessary to keep mixture flowing freely through blades.
|Serving Size||30 ml (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|