Vitamix Pizza Soup
Change up the ingredients of this 4-minute soup as easily as you change up your pizza toppings.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 80 g (½ cup) onion, peeled, diced
- 40 g (4 ) mushrooms, sliced
- 75 g (½ cup) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 16 g (8 slices) pepperoni
- 1½ ounce italian sausage, cooked, drained, broken into small pieces
- 360 ml (1½ cup) water
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 45 ml (2½ Tablespoon) tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 55 g (½ cup) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10 g (2 Tablespoons) grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, and one Roma tomato in the olive oil until tender.
- Mix pepperoni and cooked sausage together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place water, half of the sautéed vegetable mixture, 2 tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1-3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
- Add remaining half of sautéed vegetables, meat mixture, and cheeses through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5-10 seconds.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|