Atole de Almendra
This is a soul warming drink, perfect for the colder months, that is lightly flavored by the almond, and thickened with masa. Add a touch more sugar for a sippable dessert.
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 720 ml (3 cups) water
- 3 Tablespoons masa harina
- 1 Tablespoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon almonds, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients in the order listed into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select the hot soup program and start the machine (or variable 1, start the machine, and quickly move up to variable 10, blend for 5:45.)
- Allow program to run to completion, then select variable 1. Start the machine. Blend for an additional 30 seconds to reduce foam.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|