Claflouti is a traditional French dessert that is simple to make and intensely satisfying. Blackberries or raspberries can easily be substituted for the cherries (but the cherries are oh-so-good!)
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) milk
- 75 g (5 Tablespoons) granulated sugar
- Tablespoon (3 large) eggs, or egg substitute
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) vanilla extract
- 85 g (⅓ cup) all-purpose flour
- Tablespoon (1 pinch) salt
- 400 g (2 cups) cherries, pitted, or blackberries
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Grease a 23-cm (9 inch) cake pan with butter, and dust lightly with flour.
- Place milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt, optional into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select puree program.
- Switch machine to start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Place cherries into prepared pie pan.
- Pour batter over top of cherries and bake for 35-40 minutes.