These crunchy almond cookies are mixed entirely in the Vitamix machine, making them a simple, go-to recipe for the holidays or throughout the year.
- ½ cup (110 g) light butter spread
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) milk
- ½ teaspoon (2 g) almond extract
- ¾ cup (95 g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (95 g) whole wheat flour, or almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ cup (50 g) slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Place butter spread, egg, sugar, milk and almond extract into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 3 and blend for 15 seconds until the ingredients are creamed, then stop machine.
- Remove lid and add flours, baking soda, salt, optional and almonds. Secure lid.
- Start machine and slowly increase to Variable 4, blending for 15 - 20 seconds using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blade, if necessary.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.