Atole de Almendra
This is a soul warming drink, perfect for the colder months, that is lightly flavored by the almond, and thickened with masa. Add a touch more sugar for a sippable dessert.
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 3 Tablespoons masa harina
- 1 Tablespoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon almonds, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients in the order listed into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select the hot soup program and start the machine (or variable 1, start the machine, and quickly move up to variable 10, blend for 5:45.)
- Allow program to run to completion, then select variable 1. Start the machine. Blend for an additional 30 seconds to reduce foam.
Masa harina can be substituted with any flour such as corn or oat.