Let beef cuts marinate overnight in this sweet and spicy beef rub, featuring hot paprika, dark chili powder, brown sugar, and liquid smoke.
- ½ cup (105 g) kosher salt, optional
- ¼ cup (25 g) cumin seeds
- ¼ cup (25 g) hot paprika
- ¼ cup (25 g) garlic powder
- ¼ cup (25 g) dried minced onion, dehydrated
- ¼ cup (25 g) chili powder, dark
- ¼ cup (55 g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon (15 g) black peppercorns, or mixed peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) liquid smoke, or smoked salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 15 - 20 seconds or until desired consistency is reached using the tamper to push ingredients into the blades.
Liquid smoke will create a texture that has a wet sand quality to it.
|Serving Size||1 serving (15 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|