Cashew Sour Cream Sauce
Use this vegan alternative to sour cream to top off your favorite meals, from tacos, to soups, and more!
- 2 cups (250 g) cashews
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ (20 g) small shallot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 20 seconds, or until creamy and smooth.
- Add additional water to the sauce to give it to a thinner texture. The sauce needs to be lighter than the soup to stay on top, otherwise it will sink to the bottom.
The recipe will also work with soaked cashews.
|Serving Size||1 servings (34 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Cashew Sour Cream Sauce is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ranjranj from Amazing sauce So easy to make, really creamy & so yum, tasted divine on jacket potato
Date published: 2019-02-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by db4vitamix from awesome with horseradish! I've been making cashew cream as a dairy alternative for years and it's now so much easier with my Vitamix. One question: the recipe have used in the past calls for vinegar, but this recipe does not - any advice on this ingredient?
Date published: 2020-09-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Emmm from Its worth the hype! Cashew cream is as good as all those youtubers say it is. Give it a try! But I recommend soaking your cashews first for a creamier consistency.
Date published: 2020-11-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Midwest from Loved this recipe creamy and yummy. Loved it on baked potato. I can finally enjoy "sour cream" on my potato again.
Date published: 2020-07-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by katiekip9999 from love it Vitamix is the best blender hands down and great food ideas!
Date published: 2021-01-22
Rated 3 out of 5 by genoacd from Love the taste This was easy peasy but mine was too thin -- it did not thicken up as shown. I put it in the fridge and if it doesn't thicken I will add more cashews. I love cashew creams and milk etc. -- I make it often!
Date published: 2021-01-16
Rated 3 out of 5 by JHid from Taste is great. Consistency not so much. The sour cream tasted good but it was very thin not thick like dairy sour cream. This would not sit nicely on a baked potato or on top of a soup. Needs a thickening agent of some sort.
Date published: 2021-03-10