Chipotle and Coffee Barbecued Short Ribs
Use this savory blend of coffee, chilies, and cumin to season your short ribs for the perfect barbecue.
- 2 Tablespoons coffee beans
- 1 handful of dried chipotle chilies
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt, optional
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1 rack beef short ribs
- Add coffee beans, chilies, brown sugar, salt, and cumin seeds to the container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 5 and Pulse until a medium to coarse spice rub texture is achieved.
- Rub the seasoning generously all over the ribs and leave to marinate 24 hours. (This is an important length of time; do not reduce it because it will affect the final texture and moisture of the meat.)
- Bring barbecue or smoker to about 220°F (105°C). Remove the tough membrane from the meat-side of the ribs (not the bone-side), and cook on offset heat for 5 to 8 hours.
|Serving Size||Amount per 3 Ribs (350 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|