Classic Caesar Dressing
The Vitamix Food Processor chops and combines all the ingredients in this classic dressing with ease. It creates a thick dressing meant to coat romaine leaves with particles of cheese, and a slight hint of anchovy.
- 6 Tablespoons (20 g) oil packed anchovies, drained
- 1 Tablespoon garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon yolk
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- ¼ cup (35 g) parmesan cheese, chopped in blender or processor
- ¼ cup (60 ml) margarine
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (180 ml) vegetable oil
- Combine the olive oil and vegetable oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place all other ingredients besides oil into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Start machine and allow ingredients to process for 45 seconds.
- Once 45 seconds has elapsed, pour the combined oils into the Small Food Pusher that has a small emulsion hole incorporated at the bottom. Allow this oil to slowly drizzle into bowl while machine is running.
- Allow processor to run for an additional 10-15 seconds to ensure all oil is incorporated.
For more versatility and freshness, chop your own Parmesan by cutting a small block into cubes and using the Multi-Use Blade in the Food Processor Work Bowl to break it down. A small amount of water can be added to this dressing if you prefer a thinner style.