Gin-Ger Beer Cocktail
Gin and ginger give this recipe both its name and enticing flavor.
- 1¼ cup (150 g) fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1½ cup (360 ml) water
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and ginger.
- Heat to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
- Place lemon juice, syrup, gin, and ice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour into large mug or glass over ice and top with 150 ml ale. Stir and serve.