Grilled Shishito Peppers & Soy-Sesame Sauce
Smoky, sweet shishitos are enhanced by a light char from the grill, and a bold, flavorful sauce to accompany them.
- 2 limes, juiced
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sesame oil
- 1 slice (12 g) fresh ginger root, 1"
- ¼ cup (35 g) sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound (454 g) shishito peppers
1. Place all ingredients except peppers into the work bowl fitted with the chopping blade. Snap the lid into place and secure the immersion motor to the lid.
2. Select Variable 3 and run for 15-20 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
3. Grill shishito peppers over hot grill until lightly charred and blistered. Remove and toss with 1/3 cup of sauce, serving immediately while the peppers are still warm.
- This flavorful sauce can be easily used as a marinade, or even reduced in a cast iron skillet over the grill as the shishitos char if desired. Recipe makes approximately 3/4 cup of sauce.