Grilled Spiced Peach Sauce
Take advantage of fresh summer produce in this delicious homemade peach sauce recipe. Pairs wonderfully with a fragrant spice blend, or even with fresh herbs from your garden like basil or rosemary.
- 3 pounds (1.30 kg) peaches, halved, pitted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved
- 3/4 cup (90 g) dried apricots
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Place halved peaches over a hot grill, lightly coated in oil if desired. Grill until peaches are tender, 10-15 minutes, being careful not to char too much.
2. While the peaches are grilling, add spices to a large, nonreactive saucepan and toast over low heat until aromatic. Add the grilled peach halves to the saucepan along with remaining ingredients.
3. Cover with a lid and simmer over medium-low heat for 35 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 60 seconds.
This sauce is sweetened with just fruit.