Hummus [Vitamix ONE]
Our version of this Middle-Eastern dip contains chickpeas, garlic, and raw sesame seeds. It's traditionally served with flatbread, but crackers and tortilla chips are great, too.
- 1 can (454 g) chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chickpea liquid
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- ¼ lemon, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ Tablespoon (60 Tablespoon) Tahini , or sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
This recipe makes quick work of the chickpeas to create a smooth creamy hummus. Make this hummus your own by adding roasted red peppers, hot sauce, or spices you enjoy.