Lemon Pound Cake
Serve this lemon pound cake with our Macerated Berry Topping and Whipped Cream for the perfect summertime treat.
- ½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) reduced fat buttermilk
- 2 lemon, juiced, zested
- 3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two loaf pans by lightly coating each one with cooking spray and a light dusting of flour.
- Place butter, sugar, and eggs into the Vitamix container in te order listed and secure the lid. Start the machine on its lowest speed. Remove lid plug and use the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades, and slowly increase to Variable 6. Blend until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Stop the machine and add buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest to the container. Secure lid plug and blend on the lowest speed for 10 seconds.
- In a separate container, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Remove lid plug and blend on the lowest speed, slowly increasing to Variable 6, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stop the machine.
- Use a spatula to scrape the the batter into the two prepared loaf pans. Place in preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 1 hour before slicing and serving.
|Serving Size||1 servings (80 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Lemon Pound Cake is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Puppylover111 from Awesome! I love this recipe! At first, I thought it wouldn't work but it did and tasted amazing! I will definitely use this again.
Date published: 2019-03-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kandyo58 from Delicious! This recipe was super easy to follow and turned out PERFECTLY! I opted to add a lemon glaze to the warm pound cakes, and it made it even better. Perfect texture and taste - and this was my first time making a pound cake! I can't believe how easy it was to do in the Vitamix!
Date published: 2021-07-10