Mango Cashew Cream Tart
This makes a great tart base that can be finished any way you'd like - with fresh fruit, berries, almonds, or whatever you may have on hand. Simple to make, easy to put together, and completely delicious.
- 2 cups (250 g) almond flour
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (125 g) roasted cashews
- 3 cups (530 g) ripe mango, peeled, cut into chunks, about 2 mangos
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
1. Place the almond flour, dates, and coconut oil into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use blade and secure the lid. Start the machine and allow to process for 45 seconds.
2. Spread the crust mixture into a 9" (23cm) prepared tart pan, pressing firmly to the bottom and sides of the pan for an even crust. Place into a preheated oven at 350°F and bake for 15 minutes, then remove and cool completely.
3. Place remaining ingredients for the filling into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
4. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Remove the mixture from the container and place into the refrigerator to chill completely.
5. For assembly, take the chilled mango filling and spoon carefully into the center of the almond crust. Spread evenly and top with fresh sliced fruit, almonds, or other desired topping. Place in the refrigerator and allow to chill for 1-2 hours before cutting and serving.
- This makes a great tart base that can be finished any way you'd like - with fresh fruit, berries, almonds, or whatever you may have on hand. Simple to make, easy to put together, and completely delicious.
- This tart is naturally gluten free thanks to the use of almond flour to create the crust.