Pear and Hazelnut Cream Tart
This is one of our favorite recipes for a simple, whole-food tart that only requires a few ingredients.
- 2 cups (250 g) almond flour
- 8 (120 g) pitted medjool dates
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (150 g) roasted hazelnuts
- 2 1/2 cups (330 g) pears, cut into chunks
- 6 (90 g) medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 2 pears, sliced, for garnish
- 1/2 cup (115 g) dried apricots, blended with 1/2 cup water, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a tart pan on a sheet tray and set aside.
- For the crust: Place the almond flour, dates, and coconut oil into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Press start and allow to process for 45 seconds.
- Spread the crust mixture over the prepared tart pan and press onto the bottom and sides of the pan making an even crust on the bottom and sides. Place into preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- For the filling: Place the hazelnuts, pears, dates, spices, and salt into the Vitamix blending container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, blending for 45 seconds and using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Remove the mixture from the blending container and spread evenly onto pre-baked tart dough.
- Top the hazelnut filling neatly with extra sliced pears if desired, and brush with apricot puree. Place back into preheated oven for 18 – 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown
This makes a great tart base that can be finished with fresh fruit, berries, almonds, or whatever you have on hand. With only 8 ingredients in the whole recipe, it's easy to make and delicious to eat.