Pineapple Prawn Curry
Pineapple perfectly balances the heat of this curry. Add any of your favorite vegetables to make it your own.
- 1½ cup (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups (400 g) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 ounces (200 g) shell on shrimp
- 2 cups (200 g) frozen peas, thawed
- ⅔ cup (100 g) green onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1½ cup (300 g) basmati rice, cooked
- Place coconut milk, ginger, garlic, pineapple, garam masala, and curry powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Puree setting. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Puree program to complete.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat and add the shrimp. Cook shrimp three-quarters of the way through, and add the peas, spring onions, and blended sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with water and stir into the sauce.
- Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice.
|Serving Size||1 servings|
|Amount Per Servings|