The rich flavor of allspice and cinnamon enhance the pumpkin's sweetness, while walnuts add texture to these classic autumn treats.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin
- ¼ cup (60 ml) skim milk
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¾ cup (220 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (90 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Place eggs, oil, pumpkin, milk, and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine salt, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, flour and chocolate chips in the order listed.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into bowl containing dry ingredients. Mix by hand just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully remove each muffin from muffin pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For a more robust flavor increase spicesor add ground ginger and other holiday spices.
Please refer to our
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page