Classic Korean banchan typically served with every meal.
- 1 cup (120 ml) water
- 3 cup sea salt
- 3 cup plum sauce
- 5 cup (2 ml) radishes, ends trimmed and quartered
- 6 cup (175 g) fresh chives
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fish sauce
- ½ small (60 g) small onion, peeled
- 3 cup chilies
- 6 small garlic clove, peeled
- 3 cup (15 g) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 cup salted shrimp sauce
- 2 cup white rice, steamed, cooled
- 4 cup red pepper powder
- Combine the water, fine sea salt and plum sauce in a small bowl and stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place the cleaned and trimmed radish into a large bowl with the cut chives. Pour the water,salt and plum mixture over the radish and chives and toss to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place the fish sauce, onion, red chilies, garlic, ginger, shrimp sauce and cooled cooked riceinto the Vitamix® container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest possible speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds until a fine paste has formed.
- Remove the container from the blending base and lid and stir in the red pepper powder to incorporate.
- Once the red pepper powder has been incorporated, pour the mixture over the radish and chive mixture in the large bowl.
- Toss to incorporate evenly. Once incorporated, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.