Rhubarb Banana N'ice Cream
Tart rhubarb and the sweetness of date syrup and cinnamon make this n'ice cream a treat that's as delicious and nutritious.
- 2 cups (275 g) rhubarb, fresh, or frozen thawed
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) date syrup
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) cold water
- 1½ cups (360 ml) cashew milk, Vitamix made or store bought
- 1 cinnamon stick (or or 2 teaspoons ground)
- 1½ pounds (680 g) frozen banana, sliced
- Place the rhubarb, water, and date syrup into a small sauce pan and place over medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes. Just until the liquid has been reduced by half and a syrupy consistency. Remove to a heat safe container and chill completely.
- Place the cashew milk and cinnamon stick into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start on the lowest variable speed and press start. Increase to highest variable speed and blend for 60 seconds.
- Add the sliced banana to the container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed and quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds using the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.
- Remove the banana nice cream to a bowl and pour the chilled rhubarb mixture over the nice cream. Fold the rhubarb mixture into the banana mixture carefully to create nice swirled ribbons. Chill for 2–3 hours in a freezer, stirring every hour until frozen.
- This banana n'ice cream base works well with just about any flavor. Try snickerdoodle, chocolate cocoa, or another of your favorites.
- This fun, healthy twist on ice cream is made with whole foods and sure to be a crowd pleaser.