Roasted Carrot and Tomato Sauce
Roasted carrots add a flavorful twist to a classic red sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 (425 g) roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium (100 g) carrots, cut into large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup (180 ml) vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together all ingredients except for basil and vegetable stock. Spread ingredients evenly onto prepared sheet tray and place into preheated oven. Roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until the mixture is caramelized and carrots are fork tender
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place the mixture into the Vitamix container, along with the basil leaves and vegetable stock, and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds. Serve immediately.