Simple fruit puree with water, frozen and shaved in the food processor to create a delicious whole fruit snack.
- 6 cups (935 g) frozen strawberries, thawed
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) maple syrup
- Place strawberries and maple syrup into a Vitamix blending container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze until solid, approximately 24 hours.
- Remove pureed ice cubes from tray. Fit the food processing bowl with the large shredding disc and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and feed the pureed cubes through the small food chute opening, pushing down gently with the small food pusher. Process until all cubes have been "shaved." Serve immediately.
As a variation, substitute the strawberries for 6 cups (800g) frozen mango or fresh pineapple chunks, along with 1 1/2 cups (360ml) water. All recipes yield 52 oz. liquid.