By taking some of spring’s most flavourful vegetables and bringing them all together in a smooth soup, you can really capture the taste of the season in just one bowl.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 3 cups (250 g) leeks, trimmed, approx. 2 medium leeks
- 2 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 bunch (80 g) green onion, trimmed, separated
- 1 (150 g) medium russet potato, peeled
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1½ cup (50 g) watercress
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- Over medium-low heat, sweat down the leek whites, garlic and green onions whites in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and cook until soft and translucent, but not colored (about 6 - 8 minutes).
- Slice the potato, then add to the pan and top with enough water to cover the vegetables (approx 2 cups/ 500 ml). Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the pan contents to the Vitamix container. Start the blender on its lowest speed and increase to its highest speed, blending for 1 minute. Reduce the speed to Variable 2. Remove the lid plug and add the green onion greens, mint and watercress through the lid plug opening. Increase to its highest speed and blend for 30 seconds.
- Season with salt, pepper and add fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately, or if serving chilled, cool down rapidly to preserve the lovely bright green color.
Blend in a little additional water to achieve your desired consistency if too thick.
|Serving Size||1 serving (356 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page