Sweetcorn Fritters with Feta Guacamole and Salsa
The pancake batter, guacamole and salsa are all made in the Vitamix, displaying its speed and range of textures for a perfect weekend brunch.
- Sweetcorn Fritters:
- 1 can (350 g) corn, drained ⅔ cup (100g reserved)
- ¾ cup (90 g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions
- Feta Guacamole:
- 4 (540 g) avocados, peeled, seeded
- 1⅓ cups (200 g) feta cheese
- 1 lime, peeled
- ½ cup (5 g) fresh dill
- ½ cup (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 3⅓ cups (500 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 small (100 g) red onion, peeled
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lime, zested, peeled, halved
- 1 bunch (15 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. For the Fritters: Place all ingredients for the fritters into the Vitamix container, except the 2/3 cup of corn, scallion and frying oil and secure the lid. Start the machine on its lowest speed, then increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds or until you have a smooth batter. Pour into a mixing bowl and mix in the scallions and reserved corn.
2. For the Salsa: add all the ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. For a chunky salsa select Variable 5 and pulse until combined. For a smooth salsa blend on the highest speed for 30 seconds.
3. For the Guacamole: place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1 and blend for 20-30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
4. To fry the pancakes, place a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and place 1/4 cup (60ml) of batter into the frying pan. Turn down the heat to low and allow the fritters to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the and cook another minute. Hold the fritters in a warmer until you are finished cooking the rest of them.
5. Serve with the fresh salsa and guacamole you made. Leftover guacamole and salsa can be stored in an airtight container and eaten later with tortilla chips or used to top enchilada or your favorite salad.