Vegan Whole Wheat Almond Banana Waffles
A tasty vegan breakfast treat that is a whole wheat version of a classic.
- ½ cup (65 g) almond flour
- 1½ cup (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 2 cups (480 ml) almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, optional
- 2 Tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium (110 g) banana, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat a waffle iron on its highest setting. Lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Place the almond flour, whole wheat flour and baking powder into a small bowl and stir to combine evenly. Set aside.
- Place almond milk, vinegar, syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, banana, flax meal, cinnamon and salt, optional into the Food Processing Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Start the machine and allow to process for 30 seconds, or set timer and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Pour the flour mixture and baking powder into the almond milk mixture and secure the lid. Start the machine and allow to process for 30 seconds, or set timer and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Pour batter into prepared waffle iron and cook until golden brown, shortening or extending time as needed to cook thoroughly.