Vietnamese Chicken and Cabbage Salad
Getting lunch or dinner on the table is easy with Vitamix, utilizing the Food Processor Attachment and blending containers to create a delicious shredded salad and dressing that are sure to please.
- 1 head (908 g) Napa cabbage, or green cabbage
- 4 cups (685 g) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (250 g) red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon black sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ cup (70 g) roasted cashews
- ½ cup (120 ml) fish sauce, or liquid aminos
- ⅓ cup (55 g) coconut sugar, or date sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) rice vinegar
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 thai red chilies
1. For the salad, fit the Food Processor Attachment with the Thin Slice Blade and attached the lid. Place the
cabbage in the Large Food Chute opening and secure the Large Food Pusher.
2. Press start and allow the machine to process the cabbage. Repeat the process for the remaining cabbage pieces. Toss in a bowl and add the chicken, bell peppers, green onions, sesame seeds, and cashews. Set aside.
3. For the dressing, place the remaining ingredients, the fish sauce through the chilis, into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds.
4. Stop the machine, remove the lid and pour 1 cup of the dressing over the salad ingredients, tossing to incorporate. Place into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill, adding additional dressing at serving time if needed.
This simple salad takes basic whole food ingredients and transforms them into healthy, fresh, bright and crunchy perfection.