These light, fluffy waffles come together quickly for a weekend family breakfast. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit syrup.
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- low fat milk, or soy milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- 4 ounces (110 g) soft tofu
- Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, eggs, sugar, and tofu into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug.
- Add the flour mixture slowly through the lid plug opening and blend an additional 10 seconds until incorporated.
- Let batter sit 5-10 minutes before cooking to yield best texture and flavor.
|Serving Size||1 Waffle|
|Amount Per Servings|
Waffles is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Corey from Great basic recipe I always add a splash of vanilla and no waffle recipe turns out good without some fat. So add some melted butter or a few tsp of oil. I've never added tofu and always use regular flour.
Date published: 2016-06-11
Rated 3 out of 5 by Chaokou from Good taste Taste really good, but texture and cooking is really not! I've tried it on waffles and pancakes, I won't redo it again
Date published: 2016-07-17
Rated 3 out of 5 by Mommabear from Measurement Missing!! Tasty though I really wish the recipe had been updated since previous reviews from several years ago indicated the same thing!! There is no measurement listed for the milk/soy milk ingredient!! I winged it and added an amount I thought could work, they were tasty enough if not a bit denser than perhaps they should be. Please, please update the corrected measurement for 2020!
Date published: 2020-04-04
Rated 2 out of 5 by chenwenw from It saud low fat milk, but dose not say how much. I have not make the waffle yet. Any one can telk me whatis the amount of milk to add on?
Date published: 2020-02-16