Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 2½ cup (320 g) whole wheat flour
- 3½ teaspoon instant fast-rise yeast
- 1¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 3¾ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces (240 ml) hot water
- 3 cups (360 g) unbleached whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a large mixing bowl and baking sheet and set aside.
- Place flour, salt into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Place yeast, oil into warm water and allow to rest for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to bloom.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and quickly increase speed to Variable 8. Blend for 5 seconds. Turn machine off and remove lid plug.
- Select Variable 7.
- Pulse about 60 short times in 45 seconds while slowly adding water mixture through the lid plug opening until a ball forms.
- After ball has formed, pulse continuously for 5-10 seconds.
- With floured hands, remove the dough and form into a round ball. Knead the ball for 5 minutes. Place in prepared mixing bowl, turning over to grease on all sides. Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Stretch into pizza and top with desired toppings. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
For more flavorful dough make a day ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. Allow to rest before rolling out for an hour or two.
|Serving Size||1 slice (80 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Reba from Pizza dough The recipe works great when using half whole wheat flour and half bread flour. Otherwise the dough is to dry and havy. To adjust for total whole weat the liquid and yeast needs to be adjusted to a larger amount. So we stick to1/2 & 1/2. Makes a nice dough for pizza. We also let it slow rise fo developing more flavor. Thus this recipe can be easily adjusted to personal preference and need.
Date published: 2019-09-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carlaskis from Super easy, tasty, and comes together quickly! Healthy, easy, delicious, quick pizza dough recipe. Definitely has a nice whole grain flavor, which we prefer. Allowed it to rise for 1/2 hr, then shaped & placed on 2 pizza stones, allowed to rise again while prepping toppings. Took about 14 minutes to bake. Husband and I both loved it!
Date published: 2020-12-18
Rated 1 out of 5 by Barb B from Question If this is a pizza dough, why does it say let it rise til it’s at the top of the pan and that it makes one loaf?
Date published: 2019-06-21