Zucchini Veggie Burger
These well-seasoned vegan burgers feature zucchini, mushrooms, roasted almonds, and brown rice for a hearty meal. Make a large batch and freeze so you’re never without them!
- 3 (400 g) zucchinis, quartered
- 2¼ teaspoon salt, divided use
- ⅓ cup (80 g) chopped shallot
- 1 cup (160 g) chopped cremini mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup (25 g) roasted almonds
- 1⅓ cup (300 g) brown rice, cooked and cooled
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon (80 g) chickpea flour
- 3 teaspoons egg substitute
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- ¼ cup + ½ Tablespoon (70 ml) olive oil, for cooking
- Place zucchini into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 8. Pulse 8 to 10 times, or until evenly chopped, using the tamper to press zucchini toward the blades.
- Transfer zucchini to a mixing bowl and season with ¾ teaspoon of salt. Let sit for 5 minutes, then strain through a cloth, pressing as much liquid out of zucchini as possible.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 8 and Pulse 4 to 5 times, or until chopped.
- Add coriander, cumin, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped zucchini, almonds, and rice to the container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 4 to 5 times, until all ingredients are chopped and combined together.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add flour. Stir together egg replacer and warm water, and add to the mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine all ingredients.
- Form mixture into patties. Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Sear each patty for 3 minutes per side. Add oil as needed until all burgers have been cooked.
|Serving Size||1 burger|
|Amount Per Servings|