Do you ever catch yourself unable to control your sweet tooth? Or, maybe you can’t resist a crunchy afternoon snack? It’s easy to pick up a bag of chips at the checkout counter or a carton of ice cream when looking for frozen fruit – we’ve all done it – but those indulgences can be full of unwanted calories and processed sugar. The next time you have a craving you can’t curb, consider a healthier alternative to your favorite goodies:
- Instead of ice cream, try homemade Blueberry Avocado Nice Cream. Bananas and avocado give the same creamy texture as ice cream (without the dairy), and honey acts as a natural sweetener.
- While store-bought popsicles are an easy treat to keep in the freezer, they often are full of sugar. Replace them with Fresh Fruit and Yogurt Pops to satisfy that sweet tooth.
- Looking for a lower-calorie alternative to your favorite coffee drink? Check out the Caramel Espresso Frappé. This frozen blend of espresso with caramel and chocolate brings the taste of the coffee shop right to your kitchen.
- There’s nothing better than peanut butter. Try crunchy apples dipped in a low-sodium, preservative-free homemade Peanut Butter. Here’s a tip to make clean-up easier: after making peanut butter in your Vitamix® container, instead of scraping the sides, add ingredients to make a smoothie like this Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie.
- Sometimes all you need is a piece of chocolate. Test out our Avocado Fudge Balls to please your palate.
- Swap out boxed brownie batter for one of our easy, homemade recipes like Gluten-Free Brownies or Whole-Wheat Brownies.
- Put a twist on traditional salsa with our Mango Salsa. This sweet, chunky dip is great with veggies, pita chips, or as a topping on your favorite protein.
- If you typically pack a granola bar for a mid-afternoon snack, try making your own Vitamix Granola Bars. These bars are vegetarian and vegan-friendly, low cholesterol and low sodium, and can be tailored to your tastes.
- A salty snack like a bag of chips can be a tempting snack. Instead, try our savory Cauliflower Hummus or Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with mixed veggies for fun dippers.
Are you ready to switch out your go-to munchies for a healthy alternative? Try any of our Vitamix recipes and tag us using #MyVitamix.