Low-calorie snacks are a great way to sustain you until your next meal, and they give you the chance to enjoy a serving of fruits and vegetables, too. Many of these snacks travel well, so you can easily eat healthy while on the go.
Here are just 6 of the many diverse and delicious, low-calorie snacks that you can make in your Vitamix machine:
- 5 minutes and a handful of simple ingredients create this smooth and creamy Hummus. For just 99 calories per ¼ cup, you can spread it on whole grain crackers or use it as a dip for fresh vegetables like carrots, celery, jicama, and cucumbers.
- Granola Cheese Balls are low-sugar, low-fat, and kid-friendly while appealing to grown-up tastes. Three minutes of prep time and less than a minute of processing will yield a recipe for twelve Granola Cheese Balls with just 52 calories each. Pair two with a piece of fruit, or try it on a bagel for a tasty spread.
- The Berry Delicious Smoothie is bursting with the flavors of fresh fruit. When you’re on the go, this smoothie is a great way to quickly get a serving or two of fruit. A 1-cup serving is just 100 calories.
- With its pleasing blend of legumes and other vegetables, this Minestrone Soup uses ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. Best of all, it satisfies like a small meal, and is table-ready in under 20 minutes. Enjoy a cup right out of the Vitamix container for only 84 calories, or make ahead and store in the refrigerator for heightened flavor the next day. Simply omit the optional grated Romano cheese for a vegan version.
- Satisfy a sweet tooth with this creamy Strawberry Yogurt Freeze. It’s a simple confection of frozen strawberries and vanilla yogurt, and you won’t believe a ½-cup serving is only 108 calories.
- Fruity Avocado Salsa is special enough for company, and at only 37 calories per ¼ cup, you can splurge on seconds. Serve it with flax tortilla chips or rice crackers for a hearty bite.
Grazing on healthy snacks just before going out to a party or restaurant is also a great way to prevent overeating. By taking the edge off your appetite, you can enjoy smaller portions without feeling like you’re denying yourself.