Our version of this Middle-Eastern dip contains chickpeas, garlic, and raw sesame seeds. It's traditionally served with flatbread, but crackers and tortilla chips are great, too.
- 850 g (2 ) can chickpeas, with liquid from 1 can
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- ½ lemon, peeled, halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Season to taste with salt if desired.
Utilize the Vitamix for pulverizing tough sesame seeds right into your hummus blend, making it an even more accessible treat and saving you from purchasing tahini. Make this recipe your own by adding spices, hot sauce or some of your favorite roasted vegetables.
|Serving Size||29 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|