Friends and family gather, drinks in hand, as the smoky scent of the grill drifts across the back yard. Even the cook can relax outside and chat with guests when the party is a barbecue, yet another reason to opt for this all-American way to entertain.
Use your Vitamix blender to plot your barbecue strategy. You can whip up a marinade using a dressing, a salsa, or a dry rub. You can also create a sauce to dress up meats after you grill.
And don’t forget the veggies. Brush the same dressings over sliced peppers, onions, summer squash, eggplant, corn-on-the-cob, asparagus, and potatoes for a deep, smoky flavor that guests will adore.
- Caribbean Dry Rub: You will even impress yourself with the ease and amazing flavor of this Caribbean jerk recipe, which features both sweet and spicy notes.
- Asian Buffalo Sauce: Classic Asian flavors are brightened up with the addition of a whole orange—including a bit of the peel—and fresh ginger, making this a tasty twist on buffalo sauce.
- Apricot-Ancho Barbeque Glaze: The perfect combination of sweet and spicy, try this barbecue glaze with grilled shrimp, pork or chicken.
- Poppy Seed Dressing: This favorite dressing lends its distinctive sweet-and-sour flavor to grilled meats.
- Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette: A tart and tangy dressing or chicken marinade with pleasant cheese overtones.
- Tropical Avocado Salsa: A fruity salsa with the wonderful scent of fresh cilantro.
- Mango Sauce for Chicken: Chicken goes Polynesian with this mango and orange sauce spiced with ginger.
12 Easy Recipes to Pack for a Picnic
Picnic prep is a breeze with these Vitamix recipes and a handy checklist.
How to Grill or Roast Vegetables
Tips for perfectly grilled and roasted vegetables with delicious marinade recipes.