Mango Sauce for Chicken
Mango and orange give this sauce a terrific Hawaiian flavor. Garnish chicken with a ring of pineapple for a beautiful presentation.
- 350 g (2 ) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 70 g (½ ) green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 120 ml (½ cup) low sodium chicken broth, or vegetable stock
- 350 g (2 ) mangoes, pitted, peeled, divided use
- 140 g (1 medium) orange, peeled
- 5 g (1 ) fresh ginger root, ⅛ inch thick
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch (.6 cm) thick. Sauté chicken with green peppers in olive oil. Remove saucepan from heat and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, place chicken stock, one mango, orange, and ginger into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan with the chicken and green pepper. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Cube remaining mango, add to sauce and take off heat. Season with your favorite hot sauce, black pepper. Serve over rice.
|Serving Size||262 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|